The Inniskeen Road July Evening Festival is a weekend of outdoor arts events throughout Kavanagh Country involving many art forms; drama, poetry, music, dance, storytelling and an outdor concert of traditional music at Billy Brennan’s Barn.
- Walk, or cycle through Kavanagh Country in 1930’s period costume on High Nelly bicycles.
- Tea will be served in Billy Brennan’s Barn.
- Featuring re-enactments and recitals by actors in period costume.
- Scenes will be ‘dressed’ as described by Kavanagh – the hedges of Shancoduff will once more become a library for poetry books.
- The sharp-eyed observer may encounter Kavanagh himself sitting on a bank watching the bicycles go by in twos and threes.
- Wear period dress and bring your High Nelly.
- Spot prizes in case you need any encouragement.
So come along and celebrate the Ireland of Kavanagh and his view of the world, where the everyday and local are all that matter, where joy is to be found in the ‘Bits and Pieces of Everyday’ and that where you are from and knowing its landscape intimately gives you the roots and stability you need to carry you through life.
Date: 10th – 12th July 2015
Venue: Kavanagh Country, Inniskeen.
Phone: 042 9378560